Ultrasonic horn is an important element of the ultrasonic excitation system. The role of horn is the transfer of ultrasonic vibration energy from ultrasonic transducer to the tool cutting edge interacting with the workpiece.
In the ultrasonic machining systems, the electromechanical transducer acts as the source of mechanical oscillations, transforming the electrical power received from the generator into mechanical vibrations The electromechanical transducers are based on the principle utilizing magnetostriction or piezoelectric effects. The electromechanical ultrasonic transducers generate the vibration with resonant frequency about 20kHz and more. However, the amplitude of the resulting ultrasonic vibrations is inadequate for realization of the cutting process To overcome this problem, a waveguide focusing device knows as a horn ( also knows as concentrator or tool harder) is fitted onto the end of the transducer The horn transfers the longitudinal ultrasonic waves from the transducer end to the toe end with attached the cutting tool.
1. High mechanical quality and excellent electro-acoustic conversion efficiency, providing a high output amplitude.
2. Piezoelectric element offer a high speed of vibration. Through bolt-on mounting, mechanical intensity and amplitude have been improved.
3. Having steady output amplitude even the load markedly changed.
4. Extended using temperature, ensuring good amplitude linearity. Lower resonant impedance , ensuring high conversion efficiency.
5. Bolt-on mounting gives the fast, easy installation and high reliability.
|Applications||ultrasonic welding||rubber welding|
|metal & fabric welding|
|ultrasonic cutting||food processing|
|plastic & rubber cutting|
|fabric & metal cutting|
|Hardened Powdered Steel||Hardened Tool Steel|
|Designs||Half Wave||Full Wave|
|one and one Half Wave||Assembled Horns|
|Rectangular & Square Horns|